Saturday 22 January 2011

Bamboo Woodpecker (Gecinulus viridis)

Bamboo Woodpecker (male)
Bamboo Woodpecker (female)

Bamboo Woodpecker (Gecinulus viridis) is a species of bird in the Picidae family which is said to occur in a very large range i.e. ranging from Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam. Unlike other woodpeckers, Bamboo Woodpeckers do not have a crest and made a loud monotone kyeek-kyeek-kyeek - usually by males. Males have redish crown while females are brownish. Bamboo Woodpeckers are about 26 - 28 cm which habitats are mainly around bamboo vegetation up to 1,400m. Bamboo woodpeckers breed around April - May and eats insects. Although mature population is said to be on a declining trend however IUCN has listed it as "least concern" at the moment. Locally named as "Belatuk Buluh" and are listed as fully protected by Act 76/72

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rattling clear web site, regards for this post.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to be one of many visitors on this great internet site (:, regards for posting.

Anonymous said...

Howdy very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful
.. Amazing .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds also...I'm satisfied to search out so
many helpful info right here in the submit, we'd like develop extra strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I all the time emailed this weblog post page to all my associates, as if like to read it after that my links will too.

Anonymous said...

Whoah this blog is fantastic i like reading your posts.
Stay up the good paintings! You already know, many individuals are looking around for
this information, you could help them greatly.

Anonymous said...

After I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment
is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment.
There has to be a way you can remove me from that service?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site.
I am hoping to see the same high-grade content
by you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has
encouraged me to get my own, personal blog now ;
)

Anonymous said...

What's up i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i
read this post i thought i could also make comment due to this
good post.

Anonymous said...

I almost never leave a response, however I browsed some
comments on this page "Bamboo Woodpecker (Gecinulus viridis)".

I do have some questions for you if you do not mind.
Could it be just me or do a few of these responses look as if they are coming from brain dead individuals?
:-P And, if you are writing at other sites, I'd like to follow you.
Would you list of all of your social community pages like your
linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

dissertation writing services said...

Thank you for the auspicious write-up. It in fact was an amusement account. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!

Birding here and there from February to March 2024

 Not many birds appearing at my local patches. I probably need to travel further to see more birds. Green-back Flycatcher Male Quite a frien...