Monday 5 December 2011

Afternoon Birding at Sungai Perdik, Hulu Langat

I have wanted to try out for once an afternoon birding trip to Sg Perdik, Hulu Langat to see how was the  birding activities during that time. So a trip was made on 4 Dec 2011 from 2.30pm to 5.00pm. Although there were not many birds and no lifers but the trip did gave me quite a variety of birds to see. There was also a mini bird wave to top it up.

First birds i saw was this pair of Hairy-Backed Bulbul.

Then came along this male Crimson-winged Woodpecker.



This is an Ashy Minivet - same bird with three different poses.

Then came along this warbler. I think this could be another Arctic Warbler but i would just record it as an unidentified warbler - don't want to be a hero!

Amongst the bird wave, out came this Asian Paradise Flycatcher.

I also saw a number of Lesser Green Leafbirds like this one.

Also in the bird wave was this Black-Winged Flycatcher Shrike.

As i was walking back to my car i saw a plant at the road side with this amazingly huge flower.


No comments:

Birding here and there from February to March 2024

 Not many birds appearing at my local patches. I probably need to travel further to see more birds. Green-back Flycatcher Male Quite a frien...